Tuesday 24 December 2013

#78 - My Imagination



Today’s words: Simile, Prostitute, Oregano, Alabama

Word count: 123

Completion time: 31 minutes

Summary: If my imagination were corporeal

--

If my imagination could talk,
It would have an Alabama accent
For no reason other than
I like how ‘Alabama’ sounds

If my imagination could dress,
It would wear a blood red playsuit
With a black bow at the waist (because)
While lovely, it can also be deadly

And if you could taste it,
Your tongue would be spiked
With the flavour of oregano,
Because it’s my favourite herb

If it had a job, it’d be a prostitute.
It ventures into dark territory,
Stays up late at night,
And sometimes, people take advantage

Its favourite simile would be
‘As sweet as sugar’,
Because if it could drink,
It would have six sugars in its tea

If my imagination were human,
Could you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment