Wednesday 18 December 2013

#75 - Light



Today's words: Commence, Preponderance, Point, Lamplight

Word count: 161

Completion time:  20 minutes

Summary: This is just how I felt about the person I’m seeing, and I really couldn’t think of anything else right now. I don’t really feel like this anymore, the narrator isn't me.

--

You’re not supposed to look directly at the sunlight
So I’ll substitute it with lamplight and, knowing me
It’ll fuck with my sight regardless
My plight is slight, but it will fuck with my sight
Regardless

So I’ll commence, I’ll
Leave the lamp on all day and
All night, and it will be okay
Because it’s better to be like this
Than to be in the dark

Even though it’s just a lamp like all the others
It seems to have a preponderance amount of light
Which constantly leaves me in shadow
I don’t have electricity flowing through me
So how can I compete with that?

That spark,
That charge,
That perpetual glimmer that made trolls glimmer
I didn’t have it.
But the lamp did.
And it always would.
Because it was built that way;
I wasn’t

So point your light in another direction
At something that can reciprocate
Because I’m just a dull dead weight
No-one could possibly equate
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment