Wednesday 30 October 2013

#55 - Rotten Song



Today’s words: Song, Triumvirate, Pleasure, Fluency

Word count: 378

Completion time: 31 minutes

Summary: Different strokes for different folks

--

You sang the song I hated most with such fluency that I found it hard to breathe.

I breathed in with you at the chorus and forgot to breathe out again.

The last time I saw someone with that much pleasure in their eyes, I was giving them their third orgasm of the night and my tongue was sore.

You looked possessed with a fire that was determined to burn bright centuries after being lit.

Effortless, passionate, beautiful; the song that you made over.

Sing it louder, burn brighter, so bright that the sun might go blind looking at you, and then get brighter still.

Shroud my world in perpetual light so that when I open my eyes, all I know, all I see is your song, the song I despised before I saw the look in your eyes telling me that even the ugliest of things can become glorious.

The song you brought to life like a modern-day Frankenstien.

 I sing it in the shower sometimes but it’ll never sound as good as when it’s quivering in your throat. I want to press my lips against yours, gently slide open your mouth and borrow the song for the three minutes that it will take to sing because I want to know what it’s like to make a triumvirate speechless.

They stare at you, jaws dropped, mouths jealous that you, not them, was the one to make those sounds that only machines should be capable of.

 And as you wait for their answer, I want to know what it’s like to be standing on the edge of a cliff with a bouncy castle at the bottom because there’s no way that you’re going to break your neck.

Smile and look down, scratch that, look up. Look at them. Look what your words have done – transformed their faces with a million graces.

Look at your future, your calling, you are enthralling and everyone sane knows it.

They’ve made a decision.

Predictions.
Nerves.
Shaking.
Fuck.
Fuck.
Breathe.
Fuck.
Slowly.
 In.
Out.
Brace yourself.
It’s coming.
Right there.
They say:

“That was the worst rendition of a song I’ve ever heard.”

“Honey, you need to surround yourself with people that will tell you the truth.”

“It’s definitely a no.”

Static suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment