Sunday 2 March 2014

#93 - All Within My Hands

Today’s words: Change, Little, Direct, Desire

Word count: 175

Completion time: 25 mins

Summary: I always blame other people for things that don’t progress in my life, but it’s always my fault

--

I didn’t desire the world, I’d be happy with my own scene to admire through a frame of fingers. But a scene that I wouldn’t forget about, a scene that wouldn’t change into something undistinguishable if I left it for a few months.

Little girls can’t cope with big dreams; they go way over our heads, higher than red balloons caught in a draft, strings waving their farewells. So I’ll settle for this, except it isn’t really settling, it’s something I can hold onto, something that won’t blow away.

And I want to hold onto you, believe me I do, but no-one can predict the weather. You can’t direct nature.

Maybe it’s me. No, I’m sure it’s me.

The weather could be fine all the time, yet I’d still find a way to drop everything and leave. I’d pretend that I was fine with my unmoving scene, ignore the balloons I let go of, and blame it on the weather, man.

I want to hold on, but my fingers are too used to letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment