Thursday 6 March 2014

#95 - Deer



Today’s words: Deer, Value, Late, Display

Word count: 193

Completion time: 18 minutes

Summary: A child witnesses a car crash, but no-one seems to care about the resulting fatality

--

I saw a crash yesterday
A white car crashed into a deer
On the road that led through the forest
By my house

I was running late
And I knew mum would yell
So I walked slower
Hoping that would make it better

I’d rather be told off a million times
Than have to see what I saw ever again

The people in the car were okay
But once it was hit, the deer didn’t move again
People cared more about the people though, but
They didn’t even need to go to hospital

At breakfast, I asked if deer felt pain

“That bloody deer again? Son, who cares about that?”

“What about those poor people?”

“They were probably so scared; I’ve never even seen a deer up close besides the ones on display at the museum.”

 “Hey, a reindeer’s head would look great above the fireplace.”

“Name it Rudolph, we could decorate it instead of a tree.”

“The antlers would look good covered in lights.”

“Great value for money!”

They laughed as they ate their roast dinner, scraping their knives against the white plates as they cut into the meat
I wasn’t hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment