Thursday 20 February 2014

#88 - Only Human

Today’s words: Centralize, Glorious, Act, Detail

Word count: 138

Completion time: 8 minutes

Summary: 'Of all the creatures that were made, man is the most detestable.' (Mark Twain)

--

Sometimes I feel like I want to centralize all authority in the world and rule this world on my own. In this one glorious act, I could feed those who starved, free the unfairly imprisoned, and bring justice to all the under-appreciated minorities around the world.

I like to think that no detail would be left unattended, that I would straighten out this earth with a fine-toothed comb until all the knots and kinks were gone.

If only it were that easy.

I think that maybe humans were just supposed to be greedy and destructive, that without these traits, there would be no human race. There will always be defective humans, but they’re not seen as defective...they’re seen as human.

“I’m only human.”

“You’d do the same.”

“It’s human nature, you understand.”

I do understand.

I’m human too.

No comments:

Post a Comment