Thursday 19 September 2013

#41 - Contradictions


Today’s words: Define, Subsidize, Sloven, Suffumigation

Word count: 140

Completion time: 50 minutes

~

I’ve tried to find the right words to define myself before:
Sloven
Over-Excited
Passive
Outspoken
Shy
Sociable

But, like suffumigation,
I produce a lot of traits which define me.
Some mix well together
Some don’t

How is it possible to contradict myself?
How can I be one thing and another
which opposes the initial thing?

The Sims 3 doesn’t allow for conflict
You can’t be lazy and athletic
Childish with a love for children
It’s a virtual impossibility

And how about this:
You can’t be artistic whilst disliking art
But who said you have to love everything you’re good at?
I’m disorganised but when I try,
I’m pretty good at it

If I had someone to subsidize me a little
I’d create a game where the characters
Could be just as messed up and confused
As the rest of humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment